Top 15 facts about advantages and disadvantages of Nail Polish
What is Nail Polish?
Nail polish is a liquid formula that is applied to human fingernails or toenails. Nail polish helps to decorate and protects the nail plates.
Ingredients in nail polish?
There are different formulas for nail polish. But mostly used is given here.
- Film-forming agents
- Resins and Plasticizers
- Coloring agents.
How Nail Polish Work?
As we know that nail polish consists of a polymer(nitrocellulose).It is dissolved in a solvent(ethyl acetate or butyl acetate).
When nail polish is applied the solvent evaporates. Solvent leaves the polymer to form a film on the nail of different colors of our desire.
Advantages and disadvantages of Nail Polish
Advantages of Nail Polish:
The following are some advantages of nail polish.
- It is easy to apply on nails
- There is no need for thinner
- It is quick to dry
- Easily make correct if any mistake to apply
- It is very easy to remove
- Many nail polishes are non-toxic
- They have a low price
- It helps to care the nails
- It helps to manicures for days
- Nail polish create confidence between looks
- It pays a massive social impact on others
- Make nails to look and feel like natural nails
- It is an experiment of colors with your nails design
- Nail polish is long-lasting
- Nails look fresh and beautiful
Disadvantages of Nail Polish
The following are some disadvantages of Nail Polish
- Frequently nail polish cause harmful effect on the female reproductive system.
- Some nail polish carries harmful chemicals.
- Chemicals in nail polish cause health effects such as skin irritations.
- It causes eye injuries
- It causes allergic reactions
- It also causes nausea and respiratory problems
- It causes cancer and uncontrollable muscle contractions.
- Avoid using nail polish consist of toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate in it.
- Avoid to breath, when open nail polish bottle.
- Many nail polishes are expensive
- It takes time to use when it went wrong
- There is a risk of nail breakage